Saturday, July 6, 2024

"Just Political"

 "There is no end of all the people, even of all that have been before them: they also that come after shall not rejoice in him. Surely this also is vanity and vexation of spirit." (Ecclesiastes 4:16 KJV)

  "When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" "Well," they replied, "some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say Jeremiah or one of the other prophets." Then he asked them, "But who do you say I am?"" (Matthew 16:13-15 NLT)

  Not all political issues involve government or politics; as it turns out, there is a derogatory meaning of this condition; one which causes acting towards the interest of status or authority within an organization rather than matters of principle. The Jewish leaders were motivated to kill Jesus based upon Him being a threat to their status and authority; besides that, Jesus might have caused a disturbance, if He actually was the Messiah, causing Rome to be more dangerous to their lucrative lifestyles. 

 Whatever you think of what these last four verses of this chapter might speak about, you have every right to think it is whatever it might look like, because many that look at it don't really know for sure what Solomon is trying to portray. As I said before, the Reference to the "Threefold Cord," which was shown to us as Jesus in the marriage relationship, could have also been a window that allowed Solomon to witness things he knew nothing about. 

 Not everyone that sees visions can interpret them and explain what they actually mean. I am still trying to figure out what that vision was of, "His Train that filled the Temple," as I saw it, it was a wedding dress, with a train that filled the Temple of God, and as I looked closer at the fabric of the Train, I could see souls or people woven into the fabric. Which then caused be to focus upon the one looking back at me, and the closer I looked, I saw myself! 

 Regardless of what that might have meant, just being in His Temple, is good enough for me...  

"A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else! I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked. For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. O LORD of Heaven's Armies, what joy for those who trust in you." (PSALM 84:10-12 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment