Monday, January 15, 2024

"He Shows Up!"

 "And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you." (John 20:26 KJV)

  "Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously." (Isaiah 55:6-7 NLT)

 Having expressed the points which were made yesterday, I could have spent all morning sharing about why it matters to know God's heart is for us, not against us! Even when it might feel that we are being punished or that God is taking us through something to correct our path, we must not forget that He loves those that He disciplines, and He cares about those who He chastises; He does so because we need to see Him more clearly! 

 I know you have heard me say this, over and over; but it must be made clear, again and again: I truly believe that God will heal my wife! There is 100% chance that she will be made whole, because each and every one of us, that are His children, will be given perfect bodies, that do not decay and never get sick! That said, I also believe that she is still with us for a reason! 

 Not that it makes much difference to our daily lives, which seem to be going by quickly, because it is more about others, the people that God places into our lives! Those are the ones that get touched, however that might be, if God shows up, there will be something that happens; good, bad, or indifferent, it all works towards the good and for His purposes! 

 To be perfectly honest, I gave up on the past a long time ago; those days of my wife and I playing golf together are over, and I am just looking forward to being with her in Heaven. My duty has never changed, to care for her and keep showing her that I love her! Other than that, I just keep praying that God heals her, and I bath her in the Word! 

 Does it still hurt? It hurts all the time! That is the whole point of this blog! Every day is another day that hurts! But it isn't really a bad thing, as long as it keeps me focused on the Lord! Besides, He is coming back real soon, so none of this really matters! What matters is that we remain ready and keep looking up...

"So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold - though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world." (1 Peter 1:6-7 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment