Tuesday, January 30, 2024

"The Right Side!"

"And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They case therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes." (John 21:6 KJV)

  "O LORD, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth! Your glory is higher than the heavens. You have taught children and infants to tell of your strength, silencing your enemies and all who oppose you. When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers - the moon and the stars you set in place - what are mere mortals that you should think about them? Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor. You gave them charge of everything you made, putting all things under their authority - the flocks and the herds and the all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea, and everything that swims the ocean currents. O LORD, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!" (PSALM 8 NLT)

 We should know by now; God's ways are always easier than our ways; they might not make sense or be what the world might say is right; but when it is God speaking and telling you what to do, it is the right thing to do, no matter what! Besides, He made this all with us in mind, that we could fellowship with Him and enjoy all of the marvelous things He has done! 

 If you are at some sort of crossroad, not sure what path you are meant to take, then you need to stop and wait on God to show you; simply take the time to wait on the Lord, so that you can follow everything He says, at each and every step! How can you follow the Lord if you are always moving ahead of Him, and then asking for His approval? 

 This is a very good lesson on what happens when we do it on our own! Sure, the disciples were there near the ocean, the boat was available, and it seemed like the right thing to do; but they wasted a whole night and caught nothing. Who knew that Jesus was going to show up? Who took the time to pray that He would! 

 That might be one of my biggest problems, that I don't think most of my issues are worth calling out for the Lord! But in so doing, what I find that I have is many little issues, all of which are things that take me away from spending time with the Lord. In case you did not know, spending time with the Lord includes spending time with your brothers and sisters in Christ! 

 Do you know why I say the Lord's ways are easier? Some say the Lord's ways are simple, as if they are understandable and we only need to just do what He says. Truth be told, I have to believe that God's ways are so complex and so far above my paygrade, thinking that they are simple, makes me think that I can somehow figure them out; like that will ever happen! 

 They are easy because He is in control! If there is a problem with His plan, it is His problem, not mine! Knowing that, I can rest and know that He works all things out for good, even if I think it isn't going to work, He makes a way, which is always much better and greater than I could have planned! Doesn't that seem as though it is easy? Isn't it easier to be the passenger, than the One that is in control of the ride?  

 If only I could maintain that belief and not find myself going down certain roads on my own! I must make myself understand this simple fact, from my abilities: I need to pray about everything I am going to do and thank God for everything that He does! Isn't that easy...

"Always be full of joy in the Lord. I will say it again - rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything: instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:4-7 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment