Monday, January 22, 2024

"Epilogue"

 "JOHN Chapter 21"

"That's the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone's duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad." (ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 NLT)

 This might seem a little odd, but there is good reason. 'An Epilogue is a concluding section (essentially an extra chapter) that comes at the very end of a piece of literature, usually a novel or play.' Basically, it is the end of the book or play that sums up all that the story was about; a conclusion to all that has happened.  

 In this case, John's message about Jesus is to prove to the reader that He was a human being, yet God! The body that Jesus lived within, was no different than yours and mine; yet, within that body dwelt the Son of the Living God, who could manifest and disappear as if He was a vapor, control the elements of our world, and came to defeat sin and death! 

 I'm not a teacher or preacher, but I do have certain days when I believe that God places things on my heart to share, whether they speak to some, all, or one, it really does not matter; almost every day it speaks to me! In my particular situation, which I don't really have any complaints about, I feel that God shows me how to continue and love, just as God loves me, as messed up as I can be! 

 Thank you for putting up with me, as I know that I can get weird sometimes and get way outside the lines. We must continue to put up with each other, praying for one another, and making every effort to love one another, just as the Lord loves us...

"Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith. Watch out for those dogs, those people who do evil, those mutilators who say you must be circumcised to be saved. For we who worship by the Spirit of God are the ones who are truly circumcised. We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us. We put no confidence in human effort, though I could have confidence in my own effort if anyone could. Indeed, if others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more!" (Philippians 3:1-4 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment