Sunday, January 14, 2024

"Doubt" - Too

 "The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe." (John 20:25 KJV)

  "I cry out to God; yes, I shout. Oh, that God would listen to me! When I was in deep trouble, I searched for the Lord. All night long I prayed, with hands lifted toward heaven, but my soul was not comforted. I think of God, and I moan, overwhelmed with longing for his help. Interlude

  "You don't let me sleep. I am too destressed even to pray! I think of the good old days, long since ended, when my nights were filled with joyful songs. I search my soul and ponder the difference now. Has the Lord rejected me forever? Will he never again be kind to me? Is his unfailing love gone forever? Have his promises permanently failed? Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has he slammed the door on his compassion?" Interlude  (PSALM 77:1-9 NLT)

 Not that I need to prove anything, or defend God's honor, but if you don't think God's hand isn't in the suffering and the trials, then you really need to think again! Starting with Job, God did allow Satan to do what he did to Job; as a matter of fact, He even put limits on the damage that he could do to him. "All right, you may test him," the LORD said to Satan. "Do whatever you want with everything he possesses, but don't harm him physically." (Job 1:12 NLT)

 Next, we have Peter, as Jesus said, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers." (Luke 22:31-32 NLT) 

 And then, we have Jesus, God's One and Only Son! I don't need to detail all that He had to go through; put it was the Father's choice to have everything done, that was done! Even though Jesus pleaded, saying, "Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." (Luke 22:42 NLT) Do you know what the Father said? Nothing! 

 Something to think about when you might be feeling sorry for your situation, as you seek God for answers, saying, "Why is this happening?" If you don't get an answer, don't feel as though He doesn't care or that He doesn't love you! It is for you that He sacrificed His Son! That is enough for me...

"My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? Why are you so far away when I groan for help? Every day I call to you, my God, but you do not answer. Every night you hear my voice, but I find no relief." (PSALM 22:1-2 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment