Saturday, January 20, 2024

"So Much More!"

 "And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:" (John 20:30 KJV)

  "We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves. We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord. For even Christ didn't live to please himself. As the Scriptures say, "The insults of those who insult you, O God, have fallen on me." Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God's promises to be fulfilled." (Romans 15:1-4 NLT)

 I guess you needed to be there to see all that Jesus did, as much of what John is talking about is most likely things which are hard to explain, without actually seeing them in person. It is really hard to explain feelings and acts of real love, because what is truly unique in my heart based upon what I see, may not be all that important or unique to someone else. 

 It is pretty much the same with the Scriptures, as you read something that is really powerful, in some certain season of your life; yet go back to that powerful Scripture at a different time, and you don't feel or get the same meaning that you had before. Call it the time and place happening, if you will; as you are in a certain place in life, at which time God softens your heart at the time, to see something that ministers to your heart, at just the right moment. 

 I can recall being at a Men's Conference back in the late 90's, which took place in San Jose. Pastor Damion was starting to teach and told us to turn to the Book of Ephesians. As he started to read, within the first couple words that he read, my spirit broke, and I was literally shaken! I started to weep, feeling as though God was telling me something that I needed to know. Yet, serval weeks later, I read the same verse again, and there was nothing slightly exciting about the words I was reading. 

 Trying to explain what happen to a friend of mine, was like trying to explain colors of the sky to a blind person; he couldn't see what it was that had caused my excitement, no matter how hard I tried, it just didn't click! We are all hoping for something to help us cope with certain trials and circumstances; most of those "promise Scriptures" are good but may not actually made a big difference. 

 Then we have those, (which are sometimes joked about,) who open the Scriptures, put their finger to a place, and then read the Scripture, as if God took them there for the answers they seek. It might work out okay; but then again, it might be something that makes you feel worse, giving you thoughts of giving up, or doing something else that you should not do. 

 Have feelings like I have painted myself into a corner! Having said all of that, I don't quite know what to do, except to pray and ask God for closure! 

 By the way: we must realize that we are all unique and special, each having different reactions to certain things, based upon where we are in our spiritual journey. It really isn't that hard to see when someone we love is struggling with something, but the answers we have may not help, and only make things worse. 

 If you want my advice, you need to pray that God will show them His special message for this specific time in their life, that they would comprehend what He says, and be strengthened! That is what I think happened to me; someone was praying for me and asking for God to speak; and He spoke load and clear...

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment