Friday, January 19, 2024

"Purpose of the Book"

 "The disciples saw Jesus do many other miraculous signs in addition to the ones recorded in this book. But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name." (John 20:30-31 NLT)

  "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." (1 John 5:11-12 KJV)

 Basically, it all comes down to believing in Jesus Christ, the Son of God; the One who came, dwelt among us, mere humans, as a human Himself, to be sacrificed on a cross for our sins, that we might have eternal life through Him! Call it what it is: God showing us His great love towards us, even though we didn't deserve it, were not asking for it, and in the case of some, not accepting it! 

 The moment that I believed, my heart was broken and torn, as I envisioned Him on that cross! The Creator of heaven and earth, hanging there to free me from sin and death! It shattered my world and made me see how much God loved me, in spite of all the times I had rejected the call upon my life! 

 He does not give up! I hope you know that, because He knows who you are, who you will be, and what it is going to take in order for you to accept His perfect love! Yes, we have free will, we always have the choice to say no; but He knows you better than you know yourself: thankfully...

"For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." (Ephesians 3:14-21 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment