Tuesday, February 21, 2023

"What We Know"

 "Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;" (John 13:3 KJV)

  "You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal's death on a cross. Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:5-11 NLT)

 I must be totally honest, as strange as this might sound; but every day that I write about something that I should practice doing, no sooner as I get around the people that I care about, I totally blow it and do the thing that I said I shouldn't do. You could relate it to the pink elephant theory, the one that says, 'Don't think about pink elephants.' 

 Nevertheless, no matter how hard I mess things up, I must keep focused upon Jesus and His finished work, because my efforts are not really what counts, Jesus paid the price for every single failure in my life! You might have heard about the great reset; well, the real great reset, is not going to take place here on earth, but is going to happen in Heaven; where every tear shall be gone, and all of the failures will not count, and we shall be totally at peace with God! 

 No more sorrow, no more pain, will be real; this much I know and believe, with all my heart! Can you see the attitude that Paul is talking about? Because it is not about the journey that we are on, but the place and position that He has made for us; safe and secure, totally and completely out of reach from the chance of contamination. 

 I just had a thought about Jacob, as his name had the meaning of, 'Heel-Catcher,' which made me think of how we just need to keep holding onto Jesus, with all of our might, and everything will work out fine! We will most likely mess things up and fail at getting everything right; but He has everything under control; we just need to hold on and enjoy the ride...

 "All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance - and inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see." (1 Peter 1:3-5 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment