Monday, February 6, 2023

"Eyes of the Heart"

 "These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him." (John 12:41 KJV)

  "It was in the year King Uzziah died that I saw the Lord. He was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the Temple. Attending him were mighty seraphim, each having six wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. They were calling out to each other, "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of Heaven's Armies! The whole earth is filled with his glory!"" (Isaiah 6:1-3 NLT)

 If you have been following this blog for quite some time, then you might recall that weird vision I had, the one where I pictured the train of robe that is mentioned above; but it was not a royal robe that I saw, but the train of a wedding gown that field the Temple. Then, as I studied the gown's pattern of woven silk or fine linen, I began to see a pattern within the weavings. Looking closer and closer, I saw a face; and then, as I focused on the face, I discovered that I was looking at myself, looking back at me! 

 Yes, I know, that is pretty weird! That said, after several days of evaluating what that face might have meant, I determined that I was looking forward to being in the Lord's presence, no matter what form or fashion I might be in! "Better is one day in His house, than thousands elsewhere!" 

 Not so far from seeing that vision, I listened to a message from Pastor Jon; one that spoke about the different areas in Heaven, much like the Temple, where there was the Outer Court, the Inner Court, and then the Holy of Holies. He then began to talk about what it might be that would separate the saints, to be limited to certain areas, by how the served the Lord while living on this earth.

 The way he envisioned it, those that served the Lord faithfully, were the ones who were in the Inner Court, worshipping with the Lord. Then there were those who mostly served themselves, who were out in the Outer Court, serving their fellow saints. Not sure if he said it or not, but I envision the Holy of Holies being the place where the martyrs hung out.

 Basically, there is really nothing that matters more than just being a part of God's family! Whether I end up being the knucklehead that picks up the trash, or that washes feet; just being there with Jesus is more than I need...   

"This salvation was something even the prophets wanted to know more about when they prophesied about his gracious salvation prepared for you. They wondered what time or situation the Spirit of Christ within them was talking about when he told them in advance about Christ's suffering and great glory afterward. They were told that their messages were not for themselves, but for you. And now this Good News has been announced to you by those who preached in the power of the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. It is all so wonderful that even the angels are eagerly watching these things happen." (1 Peter 1:10-12 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment