Friday, February 3, 2023

"And Then!"

 "Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again," (John 12:39 KJV)

  "This is what the LORD says - Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD of Heaven's Armies: "I am the First and the Last, there is no other God. Who is like me? Let him step forward and prove to you his power. Let him do as I have done since ancient times when I established a people and explained its future. Do not tremble; do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim my purposes for you long ago? You are my witnesses - is there any other God? No! There is no other Rock - not one!"" (Isaiah 44:6-8 NLT)

 Because there are some who do not agree, that does not mean that we must be silent or keep the truth we know to ourselves; on the contrary, we are meant to proclaim the truth, whether it is proper to do so or not, it is our responsibility to obey God's instruction, first and foremost! If that might offend anyone, then be offended and say you don't want to hear what is being said; at least then we can know what side you are actually on! 

 I think it might be about time that the church stands up, because the wickedness of a few is being shoved down the throats of the multitude, as if everyone needs to partake in their wickedness. Again, if that is offensive, then be offended, because I feel offended too!  

 Anywho, just had to get that off my chest, because I do not want to watch the cooking channels anymore! It's not that I don't like the cooking shows, but the commercials really are getting offensive and causing me to turn the channel. Maybe my television needs to be off, as it is mostly on for Marianne, although I watch it too. Maybe it might be an idol? 

 What is an idol to you? It basically is anything that you place between yourself and God; so what is the thing that you have placed between yourself and God? Sometimes I think that my job is an idol, even though I need this job to pay my bills, it really does come between me and God, as it takes up most of my time trying to maintain it, while spending time with my wife, my life, and my fellowship with other believers, while God only gets ten percent of my time.

 There was a time when I wanted to dedicate all my time to the Lord, and I really thought it was going to be possible; but then life became the priority, raising a child, caring for a family, building a business; all of which was useful, but destructive, at the same time! The time I had to spend with God became less and less; almost as much time as I spent eating a meal, was all I had to spend in fellowship with the Lord! 

 Does that sound familiar to anyone else? Idols are all around us; some of us have so many idols in our lives, we can't even detect that they have us, more than we have them! And yet, they have no power at all! Maybe this blog is an idol? Wow, there is something to think about...

"The blacksmith stands at his forge to make a sharp tool, pounding and shaping it with all his might. His work makes him hungry and faint. Then the wood-carver measures a block of wood and draws a pattern on it. He works with chisel and plane and carves it into a human figure. He gives it human beauty and puts it in a little shrine. He cuts down cedars; he selects cypress and oak; he plants the pine in the forest to be nourished by the rain. Then he uses part of the wood to make a fire. With it he warms himself and bakes his bread. Then - yes, it's true - he takes the rest of it and makes himself a god to worship! He makes an idol and bows down in front of it! He burns part of the tree to roast his meat and to keep himself warm. He says, "Ah, that fire feels good." Then he takes what's left and makes his god; a carved idol! He falls down in front of it, worshiping and praying to it. "Rescue me!" he says. "You are my god!" Such stupidity and ignorance! Their eyes are closed, and they cannot see. Their minds are shut, and they cannot think. The person who made the idol never stops to reflect, "Why, it's just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a piece of wood?" The poor deluded fool feeds on ashes. He trusts something that can't help him at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, "Is this idol that I'm holding in my hand a lie?"" (Isaiah 44:12-20 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment