Tuesday, February 7, 2023

"Don't Hold Back!"

 "Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:" (John 12:42 KJV) 

  "And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us. Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God. We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them." (1 John 4:13-16 NLT)

 Excuse my attitude, but it is just that I need to leave town for a few days, and I usually get somewhat emotional whenever I will be away from my wife for any length of time. When she was in the hospital, I was turn about going to our annual Men's Retreat at Woodleaf, as it was a three-day event, and I could stand the thought of being unable to be by her side for that long. However, I went, and God gave me peace in doing so! 

 What we are talking about today, is something that I believe each and every one of us, at some time or another, will do, whether we think we won't or just forget who it is that we must represent. Some more than others, as it mostly depends on the type of person you are and who it is that you like to hang out with. 

 I recall the time, back around 1985 or so, I went to a Sunrise Service with my brother-in-law and his new wife. We usually went to Calvary Chapel of Downey's service; but this Easter morning we went to Calvary Chapel West Covina, which is now, Calvary Chapel Golden Springs. Pastor Raul was very shaken up, as he shared about the recent passing of his best friend, whom he had never really tried hard to persuade to accept Jesus Christ into his heart. 

 He shared how important it seemed that he did not offend him or cause him to avoid their long-time relationship; but that he never even considered how important it was to try and save him from going to hell. He literally wept openly, in front of a stadium full of people, because he felt guilty for not doing what he should have done: caring and sharing how much Jesus mattered, more than anything else! 

 As much as I would like to say that I haven't been there, I know that I have, because like most, there are times when I feel outnumbered or maybe even a little unworthy, as I know that those I would be sharing with, know me well enough to question my faith or my commitment to the Lord. I hope you don't get the wrong idea about that, because I really try to display Christ in almost everything I do. 

 But, sorry to say, I am not perfect, by any-means! I can lose my temper, neglect to be patient, and even sometimes be out-of-sorts! If you don't know what that means, it means to be unhappy or grumpy, when you should be filled with joy and pleasant. Sometimes something I forget to do, even though I know it is something I must keep on doing, even when I might not feel like it! 

 I really hope no one was watching me yesterday afternoon, as I was trying to lift up a deck below a 450-pound A/C unit. I was not really having a very joyful time, for about 20 minutes or so. At one point in time, I think I might have had a little bit of a putty-mouth, as it seemed as though I was losing the battle and the deck, I was trying to lift up, was winning. 

 Don't get me wrong, I love to be challenged by my work. Not too many people can do what I do and love doing it; because I can work underneath a house, almost all day, without even feeling like I need to get out. Most people that do that, need to get out after an hour or so, feeling like they are trapped or being claustrophobic. 

 Anywho; this is not about feeling trapped or claustrophobic; it is about feeling free and alive! When we express how much Christ has done, nothing that we do matters! You might think that you don't have the right to speak, but you aren't going to feel right if you don't! Sooner or later, you won't even notice that it bothers you, because it won't...

""I tell you the truth, everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, the Son of Man will also acknowledge in the presence of God's angels. But anyone who denies me on earth will be denied before God's angels."" (Luke 12:8-9 NLT)   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment