Thursday, February 2, 2023

"The Arm of God"

 "That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?" (John 12:38 KJV)

  "God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin. Therefore, as the Scriptures say, "If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD."" (1 Corinthians 1:30-31 NLT) 

 I know that some of this is old news, as we who have been walking with the Lord for a while, may tend to want new and refreshing news and things that are more current and present-day revelations. However, no present day anything can begin to compare to what Jesus Christ has done, over two thousand years ago! 

 Last night we were blessed by Pastor Rick's insight into the those who witnessed the crucifixion; some were those that made fun of Jesus, some were those that judged Him, some were those that took part in the preparation of His death, some were made participators for just being there; and then, there were some that became believers, by just witnessing His death, close up and personally! 

 That might have been the most amazing thing to all that was shared, because this was more than just a glimpse of the past, it becomes a reality in each of us, as to the abilities God gives us to shine the Light, in every dark and horrible experiences that God allows us to go through. That is when we can actually show off the real faith that we have been given; when we are being crushed, the love of God is mightily revealed!    

 Those that mock and make fun of God's love won't understand it, they see it as foolishness and weird; but those who have been touched by the Arm of God, they will see something that will draw them to know the love of God! They will be able to taste it, because it will be real and manifested right before their eyes. It won't just be a story of something that has been written about, but it is now and present news, they witness right then and there! 

 The character that sparked my interest was the centurion that was appointed to take Jesus from His sentencing, to the end of His life. This would have been a man that was skilled in the art of this death, having most likely performed many crucifixions, he was accustomed to the agony and brutality of this kind of death. Most of those that were killed this way, were hung to die for a few days; but in this case, because Pentecost was about to start, they finished up early. 

 We might not understand what it takes to trigger someone's heart, as this man's heart was triggered, but the mighty Arm of God, He actually reaches inside of the man and touches his stoney heart! I can tell you from experience, as it happened to me! I was lost and had no clue about the real Jesus, who He was and what He did for me, as He hung on that cross. 

 All my life I believed that God created the heavens and the earth; I never doubted that there was a God that made everything we see, all that there is in the sky, and all there every was or ever will be. It was only common sense, as far as I could see! When I was in elementary school, the first day of school as I walked into the classroom, I saw that poster from Life Magazine on the wall, the one that shown the evolution of man, and I mocked it, saying how foolish that was, and that God created man, just as he was and is. 

 That day when I was called down to that cafeteria, in September of 1981, the Pastor that spoke, took off his watch, waving it around, saying, "See this watch? This watch tells me that somewhere out there, there is a watchmaker. And all of this, you and me, and all that we see, that tells me that there is a Creator! And I am here today to tell you, That Creator is Jesus Christ!" 

 Well, that did it for me! What a different perspective that gave; especially when I envisioned Him hanging on the cross...   

"When I first came to you, dear brothers and sisters, I didn't use lofty words and impressive wisdom to tell you God's secret plan. For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified. I came to you in weakness - timid and trembling. And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God." (1 Corinthians 2:1-5 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment