Thursday, February 23, 2023

"Solemn Moment"

 "After that he poured water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded." (John 13:5 KJV)

  "Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than the snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me - now let me rejoice. Don't keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me." (Psalm 51:7-10 NLT)

 If you don't know, this Psalm is from David, regarding the time Nathan the prophet came to him, after he had committed adultery with Bathsheba and had her husband killed, in order to try and cover his sins. There was so much more to this, more than just the death of the child; there was circumstances that were devasting, to both David, his other children, and even his Generals. But the thing that matter most, above anything else, David was forgiven by God! 

 If the Lord washes you and makes you clean, you are clean indeed! Nothing else really matters, because you are set for eternity and a right standing with God is guaranteed! Whatever you do, hold onto that and never let go! 

 I was trying to think of all the times where Jesus actually did something, as in, used His hands to make something or build something, or even laid hands on someone to bring about some sort of miracle. We know that He was a carpenter by trade, before He started His ministry; so, making things from wood is what carpenters do. 

 The first two things that come to mind, are the whip He made to chase the moneychangers out of the Temple, and the mud He made from His spit to heal the blind man's eyes. Another thing, somewhat of a mystery, was when He wrote on the Temple floor with His finger, which I believe was the same finger that wrote on the wall, mentioned in Daniel 5:5. 

 Beyond that, He might have cooked some fish, and He carried His cross; maybe, breathing out the Holy Spirit counts, as it too was an action. Besides breathing out, He still spoke that action, saying to the disciples, "Receive the Holy Spirit." And then there was communion; He broke the bread and raised the cup! 

 All that said, the thing that blows my mind, again and again, is that He formed man from the dirt and then breathed into his nostrils! Everything else was spoken into existence, but man was made in the image of God! Wow...

"Then Job replied to the LORD: "I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I - and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. You said, 'Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.' I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and still sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance."" (Job 42:1-6 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment