Monday, May 31, 2021

"A Mental Persuasion"

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did." (John 2:23 KJV)

  "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." (2 Timothy 1:12 KJV)

  It has been said, "If someone can talk you into something, then they can talk you out of anything." The type of belief that is based upon signs or miracles is pretty much just like that saying; short lived and in the moment. Signs and wonders are good, don't get me wrong; but if they do not bring about a true life-changing transformation, then they are just signs that get wondered about and loose their impact. 

  The major difference between religion and relationship, is the direction of the work: religion is man trying to work towards godliness; but a relationship with Jesus Christ, is God working godliness into man. We will never be that perfect man or woman in this life; but we have a perfect relationship in Christ! Sure, it might not appear perfect; especially if we try to practice perfect love! 

 "I may not love Him perfectly, but I love Him sincerely!" (A quote I wrote upon the wall.) These days of feeling as though we might be suffering, in whatever it is you are currently suffering in, it hurts, no doubt; whether we are suffering though physical pain, loss of someone you love, material ruin, or like Paul, being imprisoned and soon to be executed; we are God's precious child! Do not forget that, because of any hurt or pain! 

  It is not God that is causing you hurt and pain! God is so good! He never allows us to endure more than we can; even though we might feel as though we can't handle what we are going through, He will always be right there with us! Imagine what that means, and pretend you were with a child that was suffering, as much as you are now. Your the adult, trying to express to your child that it is all going to be okay; yet, they cannot believe it, because they don't feel okay. 

  I know it is hard to comprehend. I try and I try, like a revolving door, these days just seem to be coming around, again and again. That said, I believe with all my heart that God's purposes are good! Whatever my feelings might be, they change so easily; but God's promises are steadfast and sure! He never promised me an easy life: He promises me eternal life! Big difference...

"Beloved, think is not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." (1 Peter 4:12-13 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment