Friday, May 7, 2021

"The Invitation" -To

"And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee: and the mother of Jesus was there: and both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage." (John 2:1-2 KJV)

  ""Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear, and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and I will sup with him, and he with me."" (Revelation 3:17-20 KJV)

  Having been given so many chances to get right, I am pretty sure I have learned by now that God is full of patience, beyond what we deserve or could ever imagine. That said, I do believe that there comes a time in anyone's life, when God will, what's the word, "counsel," a man or woman to stop playing around and get serious about the new life that they have been given. 

  First and foremost, this is more that just a suggestion or a promise; this is God talking to a child, a spoiled one at that, and setting the record straight on who they really are, and letting them know what it is that they really need. You can take a pick of the condition, which ever is in the list; but each one that is listed is real, and, believe it or not, as long as we are here, they seldom go away! 

  Yes, it takes a miracle to change any one of these ailments; but the ailment will not be gone until we are at the marriage! Pay attention to what is said, because theses things that are bought do what is needed to supply our needs; but the need will still remain, as long as we are here in this fallen world. This is basic salvation 101: you will always need His help! 

  There, I can feel a little better, now that He has reminded me of what is wrong with my life! Anywho, this is more that just a special day in the life of Christ: this is a day when He gets to show so many things that will prove who He is and what He is about! I hope you can stick around, because I feel there might be a some emotional trauma; at least I know that there will for me.

  Which reminds me of something I heard yesterday, as someone called, TEMA, asking if there was a discrepancy in the Bible, with relations to the money given by David for a threshingfloor. In 2 Samuel 24:24 it says that David gave fifty shekels of silver for the threshingfloor and oxen; which was given to offer burnt offerings so that the LORD would stop the slaughter. Yet, in 1 Chronicles 21:25 it says that David paid six hundred skekels of gold by weight. 

  Not that it changes to subject, but what is your salvation worth...

"The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need." (Psalm 23:1 NLT) 

""Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David."" (Isaiah 55:1-3 KJV)  

No comments:

Post a Comment