Saturday, May 15, 2021

"Little Rest"

 "After this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples; and they continued there not many days." (John 2:12 KJV)

  "Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good! And the evening passed, and the morning came, marking the sixth day. So the creation of the heavens and the earth and everything in them was completed. On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he rested from all his work of creation." (Genesis 1:31 - 2:3 NLT)

  Mama always said there'd be days like this! What a strange and creepy thing looks like, is just about all I need to say! If you don't understand what I am talking about, then you haven't been paying attention to everything that is going on in this crazy world. 

  Correct me if I am wrong, but the Lord seems to rest just before He is about to confront something that involves a spiritual battle; not that He is in the least bit worried about what it soon at hand, because there is absolutely no threat of anything happening to Him. Lies are always worried about the truth; truth is never worried about lies! 

  I caution anyone listening to what is being said: Stick to the Truth! Do not pay any mind to the lies, and make every effort to declare and reinforce the Truth! This is not just about God's Word, this is not just about having church; this is about not being deceived or persuaded to give up and give in, because it is a real and present danger. 

  Anywho, we are in for some real fun, if you like carnivals and going to the zoo. Which reminds me of why I have even started this thing, this thing that seems to keep me going to the cross: this is about the closest thing I have to something normal, even if it appears to sometimes feels strange and creepy.

 If you really love seeing good overcome evil, it is because you know that it always will! That is not just what God says in His Word, it is what the Word does, over and over again...

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment