Tuesday, May 25, 2021

"The Great Sign"

 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." (John 2:19 KJV)

  "Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to brings you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit." (1 Peter 3:18 NLT)

  Just so you know, Jesus really did not need to show them any sign; He is the sign! Just the fact that He drove out those who obeyed His commands, should have been clue enough, He had the authority! As to my sarcasm yesterday on there question; they had it out for Jesus every since He spoke out against their jealousy, when they wanted to throw Him over a cliff; this was just the meat they would use to try and prove He was not a real prophet. 

  As to this sign, I have reason to believe that this is by far the greatest sign Jesus could have gave; as it not only speaks to who He is, but it also shows them what they are about to do, in the near future. Yes, He was well aware of what they were going to do; He didn't even need to question them or use the word, If! The Prophet had spoken: 'You will destroy this Temple, and in three days, I will raise it up!' 

  Booyah! He aced the request! Not exactly the request they were expecting; they were looking for a sign that demonstrated His connection with the Father; of which they were not willing to see, even if He were able to show them. That is really not all that uncommon, especially in the current culture within many churches today; if we don't get dazzled by something, then we don't feel all that enthused. People are more excited at sporting events, then they are leaning about Jesus Christ and His wonderful work! 

  Something for another day; which just so happens to be everyone's answer. Today is the day, don't wait any longer! If there is something missing in your relationship with God, it needs to be fixed; you cannot wait any longer: He stands at the door, knocking...

"Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night. Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say, your judgment against me is just." (Psalm 51:1-4 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment