Friday, January 8, 2021

"YOUNG WOMAN"

"Oh, I wish you were my brother, who nursed at my mother's breasts. Then I could kiss you no matter who was watching, and no one would criticize me. I would bring you to my childhood home, and there you would teach me. I would give you spiced wine to drink, my sweet pomegranate wine. Your left arm would be under my head, and your right arm would embrace me. Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, not to awaken love until the time is right." (S.O.S. 8:1-4 NLT)

  "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own; but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." (John 15:18-19) 

  Not to be overly cautious, but I am pretty certain that the peace that the world is looking for is not the kind of peace we have grown accustom to think about. No, it most likely looks to be a peace that is found in independence and freedom from judgment, the judgment of God; to be free from the law based upon His rules and standards, and free from the condemnation that is associated with living under the cloud of a Holy God. Therefore, anyone associated with God, specifically the God of the Bible, should start paying attention and leaning to pray, specifically! 

  Anywho; I am trying to be civil and hold my tongue; as I wish that many others might do the same. As it were, there seems to be so much chatter, that the matter is getting highly distorted and is way out of control. On a positive note, the true feathers are starting to be shown! With that, I will leave it there and start focusing upon the Lord! "If you were of the world, the world would love you his own," is not just Jesus warning us of why the world hates His followers; this is Jesus telling us that it is perfectly fine to be hated by the world! It is to be expected, if, that is we are clearing trying to follow Jesus and we are trying to abide in Him. 

  As we look into this portion of Scripture, it is abundantly obvious that the Young Woman is feeling clearly out of place; so much so, that she wishes that the one she loves could be more like her, more like her childhood mate; more comfortable and easily free to be around, especially out in public where others might judge the relationship that they have together. Maybe it is just me, but I feel as though this is something that is meant to be. 

  I truly believe that everything happens for a reason; but the question is not really why anything might happen, but, what for, is more the question to be asked. To be clear: all things are basically doors; doors to open and doors that get shut; why a specific door might open or close is not all that relevant to this particular moment; but, what it was opened or closed for, that is what is ultimately going to matter the most! Sometimes we have no clue as to what we should be praying for; but we do have a Helper to show us the way; and if we cannot see clearly, it is perfectly fine, because He always knows what to say, even when we don't.

  "For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee." (Hebrews 2:10-12) 

  You know, I said this before, as I say this again: It is pretty obvious to me who wrote this Book...

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living sacrifice -the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." (Romans 12:1-2) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment