Friday, January 15, 2021

"THE CAUSE"

"I Charge you, O daughters of  Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, until he please." (S.O.S. 8:4)

  ""Yes, I know all this is true in principle. But how can a person be declared innocent in God's sight? If someone wanted to take God to court, would it be possible to answer him even once in a thousand times? For God is so wise and so mighty. Who has ever challenged him successfully?" (Job 9:2-4 NLT)

  I know by now, this is probably something I should have went into a little differently. Maybe I should have explored Numbers or Obadiah first, just to get gain some deeper understanding of God's unmovable and unstoppable love. One thing is sure, we should never question God's motives and reasons; it is not a very pleasant experience to go through! 

  Maybe this is a pretty good time for a pause; which, as of about 10:30 last night, was going to be the title of todays post: "The Pause." This is not the first time that this request has been given; but it is the first time it is used without expressing force or certainty. It is my humble opinion, (you can take it or leave it,) that at this particular part of the Song, all the cards are being placed upon the table. In other words, she is starting to understand that she cannot win! The reasons for the lack of force and certainty, is that she is not wanting to be forceful, nor is she certain of whatever needs to be next. 

  There are certain things that we must understand, without trying to know His reasons; and there are certain things we need to know, with out trying to search out His motives. God does not make mistakes! He did not make a mistake when He called David, "A man after My own heart," and He did not make a mistake when He answered Solomon's prayer, the way that He answered it! Sometimes we just need to shrug our shoulders and say, 'I give up trying to figure God out!' 

  Whether you can except it or not, God knows exactly what He wants, and He knows how it make it happen, without even giving it that much effort! Interesting enough, God came pretty close to the thousand questions; and sure enough, Job could not answer, even once! Matthew Henry has little extra something to add to the, saying, "We should thus reason with ourselves when we are tempted to do that which will grieve the Spirit. 'What! Am I weary of Christ's presence, that I affront him or provoke him to depart from me? Why should I do that which he will take so unkindly and which I shall certainly repent of?'" 

  Anywho, let's move forward and experience the end of the matter; it can only hurt for a very short while...

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Romans 8:18) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment