Wednesday, January 13, 2021

"HIS LOVING ARMS!"

"His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me." (S.O.S. 8:3)

  "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9) 

  As I was thinking on this verse, the example of the spirit it displays is found in Daniel 3:10-18, which is the character of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego as they give an answer to King Nebuchadnezzar for the reason they would not worship his image. To be clear, it really doesn't matter how much I know or don't know about how all of this works, because I know the One that makes all things work! It is my duty and my honor to trust Him, whether it can be understood or not. More importantly, it is my lack of the plan that gives my trust greater strength; which makes my faith sharper and more apparent to others. 

  Will that gain me popularity and favor among those that see me? Probably not! But that is really not the point of why we do what we do; we trust God because He is God, not to show off our faith! That said, we must understand the basic principle of why God allows bad and terrible things to happen; because there is something in every wrong that will point to the strength of His Loving Arms! 

  Not to change the subject of where we are to be focused, but it should be duly noted that there is a little something off within the description of his hands: they don't quite appear to be where they ought to be! Just a little observation of mine, so pay no attention, because I seldom get anything right. But don't you think it is odd that we go from "would lead," to "should be held," as if this is all a dream, not a loving declaration? Unless the hands are placed somewhere else, somewhere more important; not where they actually should be, but where they needed to be. 

  Well, it might make better sense if we imagined it just a dream. But if you really want to know how God works, one image is that or strength, while the other is that of weakness; but which one is the one that actually gets the job done? Jesus made a somewhat similar statement, as He laments over Jerusalem, saying, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under wings, but ye would not!" (Luke 13:34) 

  In all sincerity and without hesitation, we must understand that which we are given understanding in; not get stumbled by the fact we don't understand that which we do not know: while trusting all the while in Him that has declared what all things shall be; period...

"We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let every one of us please his neighbor for his good to edification. For even Christ pleased not himself; but as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope." (Romans 15:1-4) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment