Tuesday, January 12, 2021

"STAY WITH ME!" -2.0

"I would lead thee, and bring thee into my mother's house, who would instruct me: I would cause thee to drink of spiced wine of the juice of my pomegranate." (S.O.S. 8:2)

  "And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true saying of God. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." (Revelations 19:9-10)

  And then there is this thing called deception. I know we all have our moments, as it is very clear that God does not lie, saying, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9) It is really not something that we can control, because we cannot know or interpret the moment when the heart has taken a turn for the worst; as far as our heart is concerned, we are right and totally fine doing or thinking whatever we want. 

  Another way we should look at this, is that this Young Woman is being cautious and illustrating to her Beloved the things which she might do, or what she might be led to do; as if to say, 'If I had my way, I would probably do this or that.' The deceitfulness of our hearts will be automatically drawn to even the playing field, as if to start to planning and making up things, based upon whatever it is we have made our way into. In her case, she has imagined him as her brother, so why not just treat him as though they are on the same scale; instead of him leading me, I will lead him. 

  That said, I seriously doubt that is the case; however, the key to wisdom is to not only build the house, but to have the proper foundation, and to have everything else prepared for, so that nothing else is out there that you need! You might bring in something else, but it will not be suited for what you have already established and settled as truth. Sometimes we just need to be reminded; because if this is truth, then truth will make itself known. 

  Case in point: I can recall a time when I was worried about my finances and took my eyes off of the mighty hand of God's provisions. It was about the early to mid 90's and I had this odd motivation to purchase Lottery Tickets, saying, "If  I win this big prize, I can help the church, as well as get myself out of this hole. God will honor that, I'm sure of it." It seemed so real and I had no doubt that God was going to make it happen, that I bought more than one, and bought more than two; and then bought more than five. Finally, after a season or two of playing the game, I realized that is what it really was, a game! It was not real, and it was not the truth! 

  This is the kind of stuff our hearts are capable of and why we must know the Truth! If you want to be able to determine what is false, don't study the things that are false: focus upon and study the Truth! If you establish what is true, when something false comes your way, you will be more prepared to push it away and avoid letting it into your heart. At least that is how it is made to work; but just in case there is something that gets by me, I can always trust on the Lord to pull me out. 

  Anywho, that is my observation, so don't let it change your point of view, by any means. However, if you are planning anything in your heart or mind, please make sure that you ask the Lord to lead you, not the other way around. Whatever you do, do it as unto the Lord! If you might be doing something wrong, as long as the Lord is always with you, your heart will come around...

  "But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with my mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Romans 7:23-8:1)      

No comments:

Post a Comment