Wednesday, November 18, 2020

"His Agreeableness"

 "His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem." (S.O.S. 5:16)

  There are so many ways to explain yourself, how you might feel, what you might be experiencing, and even what you know about real love; but nothing we can try to explain will ever come close to what we feel, experience, and know about God's unconditional love; not for the world, for mankind, or anyone else, but for ourselves! Sure, I know how much He loves you, I see it in His promises and testimonies; but to show you how much I know He loves me, I am beside myself and at a lost for words; nothing I can say would even come close! 

  This is not really about all those other qualities and features; this is about the experience that she knows: that it is real, personal, and it has power! "O, what a friend we have in Jesus!" Do we understand what that actually means? Well, that's pretty deep, if you really want to get right down to it. When I cry out, He listens! When I hurt, He comforts me! When I feel lost, He points the way! When I feel unlovable, He lets me know how much He loves me! I could go on and on, but it would only waste time. This is about a God that knows me, yet loves me because He loves me, not because of what He knows of me! 

  One of my favorite Steakhouses is at the Peppermill in Reno, called Bimini Steakhouse. I love the way they pamper you and try very hard to enhance your dinning experience. My favorite choice of cut is the Ribeye, which they offer in at least six different ways. My particular favorite in the 22 oz Prime Bone-in Ribeye, cooked Medium-Rare, and without any butter or sauces. Before they bring out that wonderful steak, they bring out a little Palate Cleansing Cocktail, which is usually a citrus sorbet in a sparkling white wine. This is a perfect example of what I believe we can gather from all of the mumble-jumbo! 

  This is what, if I could, might be illustrated in what I see, experience, and know, about my relationship with this One that is called Jesus: He does everything that needs to be done to enhance my relationship with Him! Even when I might not treat Him as I should, He does not hold that against me, nor does He bring it up in the midst of my distress! Even when I feel like the worst friend ever, He says, Never! He is always there, arms wide open, ready to agree with the cry of my heart: No one knows me better, and yet, He is my Friend.

"Then the LORD said to me, "Go and love your wife again, even though she commits adultery with another lover. This will illustrate that the LORD still loves Israel, even though the people have turned to other gods and love to worship them." (Hosea 3:1 NLT) Just know that He loves you...  

"I want you to understand this mystery, dear brothers and sisters, so that you will not feel proud about yourselves. Some of  the people of Israel have hard hearts, but this will last only until the full number of Gentiles comes to Christ. And so all Israel will be saved. As the Scriptures say, "The one who rescues you will come from Jerusalem, and he will turn Israel away from ungodliness. And this is my covenant with them, that I will take away their sins."" (Romans 11:25-27) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment