Thursday, November 26, 2020

"Young Man"

 "You are beautiful, my darling, like the lovely city of Tirzah. Yes, as beautiful as Jerusalem, as majestic as an army with billowing banners. Turn you eyes away, for they overpower me. Your hairs falls in waves, like a flock of goats winding down the slopes of Gilead. Your teeth are as white sheep that are freshly washed. Your smile is flawless, each tooth matched with its twin. Your cheeks are like rosy pomegranates behind your veil.  Even among sixty queens and eighty concubines and countless young women, I would still choose my dove, my perfect one -the favorite of her mother, dearly loved by the one who bore her, The young women see her and praise her; even queens and royal concubines sing her praises: "Who is this, arising like the dawn, as fair as the moon, as bright as the sun, as majestic as an army with billowing banners?"" (S.O.S. 6:4-10 NLT)

"This is what the LORD says: "I hear the cries of fear; there is terror and no peace. Now let me ask you a question: Do men give birth to babies? Then why do they stand there, ashen-faced, hands pressed against their sides like a woman in labor? In all history there has never been such a time of terror. It will be a time of trouble for my people Israel. Yet in the end they will be saved! For in that day," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies, "I will break the yoke from their necks and snap their chains. Foreigners will no longer be their masters. For my people will serve the LORD their God and their king descended from David -the king I will raise up for them."" (Jeremiah 30:5-9 NLT)

  Happy Thanksgiving, for all the are celebrating it today! Regardless of what is happening in this world, we have so much to be abundantly thankful for; more than we could ever express enough thanks about! 

  If you came away from yesterday with a little bit of a bummer feeling, not quite sure where this might be going, or if by some strange and mysterious way, you might be looking in a mirror that has a reflection your not too interested to see: Stop your worries and pull up your shoulders! It is never as bad as you think it might be! 

  With that, let me tell you a little story, one that might give you a glimmer of hope: There once was a boy that dreamt he could become a mountain; but his dreams were never realized. Until one day, he discover his dream was never about being the mountain, but that he was on top of the mountain! Silly boy! 

  We have a tendency to expect too much from ourselves, which is pretty much normal: you think you can do certain things easily or fast, only to find out that what you imagined in your mind, was a little bit more of a challenge outside of that thick skull of yours. Things are always harder than we imagine them to be; at least most things, but not all! Jesus clearly said: "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:29-30)

  I really am looking forward to exploring this, looking forward...

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." (Romans 1:16-17) 

No comments:

Post a Comment