Wednesday, November 4, 2020

"Young Women of Jerusalem"

 "Why is your lover better than all others, O woman of rare beauty? What makes your lover so special that we must promise this?" (S.O.S. 5:9 NLT)

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of the antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is in the world." (1 John 4:1-3)

  Whether you know it or not, there is a very huge difference between those that hold these truths to be self-evident, and those that do not! What is the big deal about whether Jesus Christ was in the flesh or not? Why is it so relevant to our redemption? Where is the benefit to our blessed assurance in His flesh and His blood? To these questions and more, the answers are plainly given; the bigger question that must be presented, is that of acceptance; Is He, and He only: THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE! 

  Thirty-nine years, one month, and a little over two weeks ago, I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart: to this very day, I still struggle to make Him Lord of my life and give Him complete control! Not to brag, but there have been seasons where I never questioned or doubted anything; these were the times where I was fully devoted and where anything I had that was not of Him, I freely gave Him the authority to rip it out of my life; obviously I held some things back. This is what I meant by that closing remark from yesterday: "Freedom's just another word for nothing less to lose!" 

  It matters more than many of us actually know, because, God's strength is made perfect in weakness! As the Creator of everything, Christ Jesus came to humble Himself to the curse; taking on flesh, not giving in to sin, overcoming temptation, taking on the insults, the punishment, and being crucified as a sinner, even though He had never sinned; that is the proof of God's perfect weakness! There is nothing more profound and special that can be shown in that: pure and amazing beauty was put on display; that the One who created us would do all of that to save those He created, that they would just have the slightest chance to be saved, if only they believe! 

  How weak do we need to be before we get it? How much do we need to lose till it means nothing is left? O, I am sick of love...

"Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into the captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" (Romans 7:20-24)   

No comments:

Post a Comment