Saturday, November 28, 2020

"Transform and Perform"

 "Turn away thine eyes from me, for they have overcome me: thy hair is as a flock of goats that appear from Gilead." (S.O.S. 6:5)

  Not exactly what it might appear, to say the least; as many will attest to, this is more about turning, if I may, as Cinderella turned while being changed into a beautiful princess. If you look a little deeper, the word for, "turn away," speaks about, to turn about, change, transform; in essence, He says, turn towards me, as if to say, "Turn around and let me get a good look at you." Not exactly what it might appear, but the next portion puts the whole circle in perfect perspective: "Overcome" is that which refers to strengthening, as in, to make sure, or capture, or to embolden.

  To be fair, there are some mornings that I wish I had never started this adventure; but then again, it is more about His direction, the more think about it! That is the kind of situation I see this Young Woman currently in; as she briefly questions her qualifications, after receiving such a bold and power decree; especially after have messed up so badly, when she refused to open her door to Him. In other words, it is her turn to turn! But, unlike His turn, hers is that of observation, as if looking in a mirror to inspect the outfit that you have just put on. 

  Crazy is not even close; this is upside down and backwards! You want to get closer to God, then you need to change the way that you see yourself; you are never going to change God, He does not and will not change; but He will change you: Now be changed! That is pretty much the major point, in that we must believe that He has performed what He said He has done in us, constant and complete, and without questioning the final outcome! 

  Yea, but you don't understand my weaknesses and my difficulties; I don't really think I am cut out for this, so I will just be satisfied with being weak and unqualified! No doubt about it, that is truth being put to the test! Now let Christ do the rest! I am weak and unqualified; but Christ living in me, makes me the best: The best me I can be! Can you see a reflection? Turn around a little more and you will see what you saw when you first heard Him call you by your New Name...

"Obviously, the law applies to those whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God. For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows them how sinful we are. But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses and the prophets long ago. We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believe, no matter who you are." (Romans 3:19-22) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment