Thursday, June 4, 2020

"Young Women of Jerusalem"

"We will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee." (S.O.S. 1:4b)

  Yesterday I had the privilege to hear a message from none other than J. Vernon McGee; and it was very very passionate to the expectations we might put before us, and the disappointment we might see behind us. We cannot change what was, and we surely cannot predict what lies ahead; but what we can do, and what we must do, is to love God with everything we got!
  Sometimes all we got is not all that much to boost about; at least not after looking back upon our life thus far. We will all have things we regret and moments that might not have shined with love as they should have; but this is really not anything that should cause us to give up; and it surely should not make us feel as though God does not love us!
  Please forgive me if I step out on a limb, as I have a tendency to do from time to time. But, I am a little bit concerned about who these "Young Women of Jerusalem" might represent; they appear to be like cheerleaders, to help encourage the "Young Woman." And, as would be expected, they would seem to speak as though they are saying everything right.
  Thus, the limb is placed before me, which I am so very tempted to step out on; hopefully, not stepping in anything in the process. The quote that Dr. McGee used for his message was one that had been given by someone before a well known evangelist began his ministry, which was something like this: 'God is still looking for what He can do through the man that is totally yielded to Him.' (Not the exact quote, but good enough to understand the meaning!)
  The man in the message was Dwight L. Moody; who, after hearing the message, had committed himself to be "the man" that God was looking for. When he had come to the end of his life, while on his death bed, he remembered his commitment that was made, and said, "God is still looking for the man totally yielding to Him."
  The limb just broke: Because those who might not feel so upright, love Him also...

"I have discovered this principle of life -that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God's law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? THANK GOD! The answer is in JESUS CHRIST our LORD. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin." (Romans 7:21-25) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment