Thursday, June 18, 2020

"Punctuality"

"If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds' tents." (S.O.S. 1:8)

  Maybe I have gotten in over my head; but this is something I feel as though the Lord is leading me into, if for no other reason, than to learn. Which reminds me, the reason we are told by our parents not to touch fire, is because fire can burn your skin; but the reality of what that actually means, is not realized until we stick our hand in the fire. Just a little something I have learned from experience.
  I cannot begin to tell you the amount of times I have heard people say, "Sometimes when God speaks, He speaks through the silence." I have tried to figure out what that means, because the more I try to listen in silence, the more noise I seem to hear in the background. Maybe it is just the constant ringing in my ears that causes me to be distracted; but it seems to me that God has a way of making His voice bypass the ear and move straight to our heart.
  With that, I will pretend for now that will be my explanation of how God speaks though the silence; as we will hopefully see, this is not just a brief encounter, this is more about something that becomes so real, it provides a path and a place to rest; something that is more important than we could ever really begin to understand on our own.
  Pretend for a moment that you did not know how things turned out for Solomon; that you were totally void of any knowledge about all of his wives and wealth, his horses and chariots; all that stuff he had to make anyone and everyone envious of how much God had blessed his life. But, what you did know about him, was that God has blessed him with wisdom; so much wisdom, it was pretty much natural for him to not give much thought to any situation or obstruction in life, but finding the answer came as naturally as deciding what shirt to wear that goes with your shoes.
  I know what you must be thinking; and you are probably right. That much wisdom does not allow you much opportunity to seek for answers; as a matter of fact, too much wisdom can almost make a person feel independent and self-secure. Maybe that explains the beginning of God's answer! Maybe is a pretty big word when it comes to testing what it means to not play with fire...

"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein." (Jeremiah 6:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment