Saturday, June 13, 2020

"The Present" -Too

"Don't stare at me because I am dark -the sun has darkened my skin. My brothers were angry with me; they forced me to care for their vineyards, so I couldn't care for myself -my own vineyard." (S.O.S. 1:6 NLT)

  As I said in the beginning of this, that there were going to be times of revisiting certain portions of the text, going back to areas that are part of the reason for current expressions and that help to explain why and what might be currently expressed. I want to try, as best as I can, not to leave any rock left from being turned over; even if that rock might be one that get a little too revealing.
  Not to change the subject, but yesterday I heard a very strange but important question asked of Pastor Mike; one that I think is somewhat connected to this strange and interesting verse. The question was one of the most sincere questions I have heard in a very long time. I say that, because the man that asked the question, before asking it, he stated that he loved his church, had great respect for his Pastor, and regardless of the answer, was in no way looking for or planning to leave his church or disrespect his Pastor. The question involved something that the Pastor said, which was a little like this: 'My Pastor said that we should expect to see Ananias and Sapphira in heaven; could he have been correct?'
  The wonderful man was totally silent for a moment, after he received his answer. I think he might have been a little choked up, but he was happy for the answer, because the answer was, "YES!" Something that was a little surprising to me, mostly because I had never heard that assumption before; and if I had, I have never heard it said with such confidence.
  This is something that we need to know about what salvation represents; it is something that is not of this world! Sure, our life in Christ is abundant, based upon what we make of it; our time we have here can be filled with fruit and many blessing upon blessings; but this is only temporary and will so all pass away. God can use our lives to bless others, and He can also use our death for anything He thinks will further His kingdom; especially when it comes to protecting the church.
  Is there a sin unto death? I think the Bible says so, in more ways that not. God has taken many out of the way, but that does not mean their physical death represented their destruction; not in the least! God can use anyone's life to make a point or an example; as He has done, time and again. Whether they were killed by Him, or they were killed by someone or something else; they were simply done here, they had served their purpose. "All things work towards the good," is not just a declaration of the truth, it is the way God works in the present, for His purposes...

"When people work, their wages are not a gift, but something they have earned. But people are counted as righteous, not because of their work, but because of their faith in God who forgives sinners. David also spoke of when he described the happiness of those who are declared righteous without working for it: "Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sins are put out of sight. Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of sin."" (Romans 4:4-8) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment