Thursday, February 22, 2018

"That We Be Made Right!"

"O that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!" (Psalms 107:8)

 You probably would not believe me if I told you, so I will just praise the Lord, and quietly keep it to myself. But I will say this with all honesty and with a clear conscience: every morning I pray that God will speak into my heart, asking Him at least two things; what is on His heart, and what does He need to speak into mine? Other than that, I will say that I did not know Billy went home to be with the Lord till after yesterday's post. Besides, the Holy Spirit speaks, and the more we listen the louder He will speak into our hearts. As to this verse we have before us today, taking in the fact that we know how much God loves us and is more than willing to rescue us, put us on a right path, and faithfully get us to that final destination, then it is safe to say that this is our reasonable response! I'm just saying; if we have something to be thankful for, then maybe it is about time that we give Him thanks and stop complaining about stuff that really does not matter in the long run. We cannot stop this evil that is in the world, and according to what I read from the Bible, it's only going to get worse. But God is doing wonderful things, regardless of all that seems to be going on, He is building a Kingdom that is not of this world, piece by piece and person by person. Pretty soon, and hopefully very soon, that last Gentile will be added and that trumpet will sound! When I read this verse, I think about the time when I was first born again. It was about October in 1981 and I was still incarcerated, but felt as free as a bird. We were meeting at the Little White Church that was located within the compound, yet it was not a regular service time; there was about twelve of us there, standing around in a circle, holding hands, and praying for the service that would soon be taking place. All of the sudden, we all started to sing, "Father Abraham had many sons, Many sons had father Abraham." You can only imagine what happened next; "O"...

""Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea. Your descendants would have been like the sands along the seashore -too many to count! There would have been no need for you destruction, or for cutting off your family name."" (Isaiah 48:18-19) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment