Thursday, February 8, 2018

"Our Account" -2

"Nevertheless he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry: and he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies." (Psalms 106:44-45)

 Okay, so I don't get this wrong, I actually wrote it down while I was driving down the 5 Fwy yesterday morning. The Lord reminded me of something very special, that although He is not a respecter of persons, those that are chosen not only know they are chosen, but He also foreknows that they will know. It's kind of crazy, but that is pretty much how it is; God already knows that we will know that He knows us and that He chose us to know Him. So, what that actually means, in case you might not have figured it out, that we already have an account! Crazy as it might sound, our account was always there, even before we were even born; it was always there waiting for us to use it. A really good example for this is Jacob and Esau; the two twins, one that God loved and one that God hated, because one of them would know that they were chosen, and the other could care less. Much like that man who did not put on the wedding garment, he could care less about pleasing the host, because there was really no attachment between them, at all. Just as Esau thought it nothing to give up his birthright, all for just a bowl of soup. As much as I want to, I can't hardly figure it all out; it's like it is right there for me to grab hold of, but as soon as I reach out to hold onto it, it is much to large and complex for me to hold onto; the closer I get, the harder it is to conceive. Anywho, we must celebrate this fact that God has chosen us; believing that it is for His purposes that we have been chosen. We all have a purpose, some small and some great, but together we all make up this great big beautiful portrait we all are a part of. Have you ever painted one of those portraits that have the lines with all the different color codes inside of them? There is a good picture, color codes, some large and some small, but each and every one is special to the portrait...

""For my people are determined to desert me. They call me the Most High, but they don't truly honor me. "Oh, how can I give you up, Israel? How can I let you go? How can I destroy you like Admah or demolish you like Zeboiim? My heart is torn within me, and my compassion overflows. No, I will not unleash my fierce anger. I will not completely destroy Israel, for I am God and not a mere mortal. I am the Holy One living among you, and I will not come to destroy. For someday the people will follow me. I, the LORD, will roar like a lion. And when I roar, my people will return trembling from the west. Like a flock of birds, they will come from Egypt. Trembling like doves, they will return from Assyria. And I will bring them home again," says the LORD." (Hosea 11:7-11) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment