Friday, May 26, 2017

"Time To Know"

"In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul." (Psalms 94:19)
If you don't think that God has a sense of humor, think again. I love how He can take me from one extreme to the other, just because He loves to remind me how awesome He really is. Can you imagine what it might have been like for Adam to name all the animals? No, this is not a test, it's just my way of working around the obvious real question. Think about what might have went into the choice of names; what the animal looked like, it's feeding habits, maybe even the noise it made when it called out to a mate. I have got to wonder if Adam considered the animals Creator in the selection of a name, like maybe, What was God thinking when He made this strange looking thing? How about, Elephant? Do you get my point? Being in the type of business that I am in, you learn to appreciate the way God designed certain things to work out certain tasks; all the way down to the smallest little insect, everything seems to have a purpose, even the Ant. My primary target are Termites; not because I don't like Termites, because I do; it is just that my customers don't want Termites in their homes. If I could somehow instruct the Termites to not eat the houses, I would prefer to allow them to live; but that's not possible, because they have one purpose, to eat dead wood, and as long as people build houses with dead wood, they have no other choice than to do what they do. So, what's bugging you? Seriously, what makes you feel uneasy, and what gives you comfort? It might not seem a very reasonable thing to bring up, but it is the thing I believe God has put on my heart. Of all the things we think about, our jobs, our habits, our hardships; what is it that causes you to forget about all else and to experience something you cannot obtain through anything else? Yes, that is right! There is nothing better and more fulfilling than to experience God's mercy and love! It's like when you know how temporary your life really is, and then you realize that it's really not so; all because you are safe and secure in Christ! There really is nothing else that compares to that feeling! The word "comforts," although it might speak to pity and mercy, it mostly speaks to consolations. That might not mean much to someone who has never lost something near and dear, but it means something to me. Sometimes this life just takes and takes, and keeps on taking; so it's such a delight to know that there is a consolation round for those of us who have lost...
"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort. Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. And our hope of you is steadfast knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation."
(2 Corinthians 1:3-7) KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment