Thursday, May 25, 2017

"Time To Grow" -Too

"When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up." (Psalms 94:18)
It makes more sense when you try and actually live out the things your heart is telling you to do; there is a Helper inside to assist you, but you have got to yield your life to His instruction. I might not say everything well enough to justify the things I hear God speaking, but they are well enough for me to understand, so I will just leave it at that. The thing that I think matters the most in our relationship with our Heavenly Father, is to understand how much He wants us to want Him. He will not ever turn us away, not when we are asking Him to forgive us and have mercy upon us. What could possibly prevent us from asking for mercy? Shame might be part of the reason; but I think there is more to it than just that. If I had to put a label on it, let's say give it a name, it would be vanity. Vanity is not easy to detect, not when it's your own; we just don't want to admit it, so we can't even see it. James puts it into a pretty good perspective, saying, "But be ye doers of the word, and not just hearers only, deceiving your own selves." How do we deceive our own selves; by not doing what it is that we know God has spoken into our hearts. Plain and simple! If we really want to grow in the Lord, then we need to start doing all that He instructs us to do; even those things that might disrupt your way of living. If we are serious about being God's servant, then the real servant of God needs to grow up! Just so you know, this is me talking to myself, so don't think I am picking on anyone else, but the guy in the mirror. I am not getting any younger, that's for sure; so why do I keep thinking that there is plenty of time to get it together. That's a scary thought, now that I think of it. I don't think I want to be that servant who says, "My lord delayeth his coming." But, it might be something that comes with vanity, so I had better check into that a little more closely. No matter what might be the issue, I know that God is on my side! We can be assured of that on thing, that God is always willing to take you in, it's just us that must cry out for help...
"But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it." (James 1:22-25) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment