Tuesday, May 2, 2017

"A Glimpse of God" -Too

"O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, show thyself." (Psalms 94:1)
I don't think that we want to be in that place of judgment, not unless we are willing to be judged ourselves. At least that's what I believe God is trying to say; if not for anyone listening, it is for me, and the way I think I have a right to judge anyone. I heard and interesting twist on killing yesterday, and because of when the message was delivered, I think it was quite fitting. It was J. Vernon McGee, and he was speaking about the Ten Commandments, and giving a description of the command, "Thou Shalt Not Kill." To hear him say it, it would appear that the message was given during the Vietnam War, because he spoke about the tension in our nation over being involved in something that we should not be participating in; let alone, drafting our sons to send them where they did not want to go. The main point of his message was about what the word "kill" actually means within the command; because the way he put it, it meant to take it personal, as in to kill because you have a personal hatred for someone or some people. It pretty much is in line with what Jesus said in Matthew 5:21-26, and if you can understand how important it is that God loves you, then you will cherish the ability we have been given to love our enemies. Basically, we are to be all about redemption; because we have been Redeemed, we should be representing our Redeemer, Christ Jesus. If you really want to make a change for the better, then you had better learn to love your enemies; never mind about loving each other, that should come naturally with the gift of the Holy Spirit. It's when we feel as though we have been wronged, that's when it matters the most, that's when the love of God needs to be made visible. We seriously do not want to be responsible for causing a future brother or sister to not see the love of God, not when it's our duty to be a good steward of the love we have been shown. It's more important than you might think; but it requires a little self-sacrifice in order to pull it off. If you want to know what Jesus meant when He said, "Take up your cross, and follow me," it was more about humility than it was about hang-ups. Which is pretty much in line with what Paul said, because it does not matter if you are hung right-side-up or up-side-down, if you don't have love, then it was all for nothing...
"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing." (1 Corinthians 13:1-3) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment