Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"Inside Out" -Too

"He that chastiseth the heathen, shall he not correct? He that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?" (Psalms 94:10)
Maybe you might have been thinking that yesterday's post was nothing to do with this verse, and that it does not speak to the closing verse, that one from John 6:45, especially? Well let's clarify a couple of things that either you failed to witness or I failed to make clear; first and foremost, this verse is one that speaks to each and every one of God's children, that includes you and me! Inside Out is not a title that talks just about our personal issues, it speaks of the whole congregation as a whole, and then presents exposure to the individual child that we are or are not, based upon the way we see our relationship with the Lord. I wish that I could claim that I was innocent of such things, but I am so guilty, I can't even imagine how many times I have judged someone without knowing anything about them. Don't pretend you don't know what I am talking about, because we all do it in some form or fashion; no pun intended. Imagine what you were at your worst, and then judge yourself the same way you might judge someone else. Is that the way that you want God to view you? Is that what you want others to see when they look at you? Of course not! We want to be seen for the goodness that might be within us; which is exactly what God sees when He looks at His children. You know I have said this before, but I will say it again; my mother never said anything bad about me when she spoke of me as her son, never! Even after all the terrible things I did, all the ways that I disappointed her and totally disrespected her love for me, she always only spoke of the good things that I did. Frankly, I was always ashamed at her doing so; but I was also reminded of the things I could be capable of doing well. "Heathen," as used in this application, is speaking of people as a whole, much like you might speak of a nation or the world at large. Whether you realize this or not, we are all on this earth together; some of us dwell on the earth, and some of us are earth dwellers. Either way, we are all judged by the same God! Long story short; If God is going to judge a nation, the good along with the bad, how much more will He judge the actions of His children? If God is going to give you the knowledge of where you are in relationship with Him, how much more will He know how you judge the relationship others have with Him? It's really a pretty small planet that we live on, if you really stop and think about it. If God can see the hearts of every single person on this earth, He can surely see every intention of our heart...
""In this way, I will demonstrate my glory to the nations. Everyone will see the punishment I have inflicted on them and the power of my fist when I strike. And from that time on the people of Israel will know that I am the LORD their God. The nations will then know why Israel was sent away to exile -it was punishment for sin, for they were unfaithful to their God. Therefore, I turned away from them and let their enemies destroy them. I turned my face away and punished them because of their defilement and their sins."" (Ezekiel 39:21-24) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment