Thursday, October 6, 2016

"Due Justice"

"Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked." (Psalms 82:4) Caught off guard, is more like it! The truth of the matter is, most people don't think it's their responsibility. Hey, that's not my thing, I work and make money, and then I give money to those that do that for a living, like The Salvation Army, or my church. Let them take care of all the mushy stuff, I have better things to do with my time, like make money. I know, that sounds pretty judgmental; but that's okay, because I am judging myself! I use to try and make an effort to hand money out with a tract, or some sort of gift card with a tract, or even just a gift card or spare change; but lately I have gone off message, if you want to call it that. Personally, I would say it's more about the heart, a heart that has been hardened by the multitude increasing; dare I say it, more than I care to see asking for hand-outs. Not all of them are in it for the money, because it's pretty easy to tell who is needy and who just needs another fix; at least most times. I think one easy way to cure that, is to picture ourselves in their shoes (or without shoes), because once we realize that it could be us, we seem to look at it from a little different angle. Going back to what Peter was saying in 2 Peter 1:7, "charity" is the word in the King James, but "love for everyone" is the New Living Translation's version of that one word. In other words, it does not make the determination about who is loved, which is what we do when we see someone that we determine not to love, or to whom you will be charitable; if you want to consider the meaning of the word, "charity." Oddly enough, I think it really comes down to believing that you have something of value to offer, that is what gives you the charitable feeling...
"Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die; save them as they stagger to their death. Don't excuse yourself by saying, "Look, we didn't know." For God understands all hearts, and he sees you. He who guards your soul knows you knew. He will repay all people as their actions deserve."
 (Proverbs 24:11-12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment