Sunday, October 30, 2016

"The Beauty Within"

"How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!" (Psalms 84:1)
Yes, it's true, the Tabernacle of God must have been a real special place to hang out; especially when there was any form of worship going on. And, because there was more than one area to hang out, the plural form of the word fits nicely. Aside from that, I see something here that needs to be brought out. There is something we need to understand about who we are, each and every one of us that are members of the body of Christ; we are His tabernacles! There is nothing so beautiful as when we come together and worship; besides what goes on in the room, there is something that goes on inside of us, something that is not worthy of words to express how it feels. If I had to even try and attach a word to what it's like, then it would be holiness; just a little taste of holiness! Just imagine what it might be like to be joined together in heaven. O, how glorious that is going to be! The word "amiable" is from the Hebrew word 'yediyd,' which appears only nine times in the Old Testament; five times as 'beloved,' two times as 'wellbeloved', one time as 'loves,' and one time as 'amiable.' Looking up the definition of the word 'amiable,' I get the sense that good, pleasant, agreeable, and even friendly, are all words that appear to describe what is meant by the word; if we are talking about people or personalities. But that is not the subject at hand! Take good for instance; me saying that it is good to be around somebody that I like, is not the same as me saying, it is good to be in the presence of the Lord. The words might be the same, but the person and the place are totally and completely different! Therefore, the level of good, if we could even specify a location, is far above any other! Besides all of that, the definition of the word is given for an adjective, which is a word used to describe a noun; however, the word 'yediyd,' of which this Hebrew word comes from, is a noun. Go figure that! I will go back to my previous statement, and just say that it's Indescribable...
"This boasting will do no good, but I must go on. I will reluctantly tell about visions and revelations from the Lord. I was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don't know -only God knows. Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. But I do know that I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell." (2 Corinthians 12:1-4) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment