Friday, October 28, 2016

"It's His Place" -Too

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the Most High over all the earth." (Psalms 83:18) I can't begin to tell you how much I get amazed by the way God speaks through the CSN programs, no matter who might be sharing. As long as the word of God is being taught, there is something to learn that is fresh and new; it breaths life into an otherwise longing soul. Even if what I hear is very similar to what I had written that very morning, such as was the way things went yesterday; at least two different pastors were sharing very similar things as I spoke of yesterday morning. Is it just a coincidence? No, I don't think that it is; it's a confirmation that God was speaking, just as I asked Him to do. Every morning, without fail, there are at least two very important things that I pray for God to do: to forgive me for my sins, and to speak into my heart. Now, regarding that closing Scripture from yesterday, the King James says, "Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry." (1 Corinthians 10:14) Above that verse in my Bible I have written 1 John 1:9; which is written in blue ink, that tells me it was written sometime in the 90's, back when I used a Cross pen for taking notes. In the context of what was being said, we all have faults that need to be forgiven; we all fail to flee temptation now and again, even when it's obvious that God is providing a way for us to escape, we find a way to let temptation win, now and again. Maybe it's just me, but I seriously doubt it. Here is what I believe this "idolatry" thing has to do with standing our ground, even when we fail to stand: Idols do not save us! Anything that we put between us and God is an idol, and idols will not and cannot save us! They can't forgive us of our sins; they surely can't cleanse us of all unrighteousness; and they most certainly won't get us into heaven! Here is the thing that is the most scariest thing of all: Idols don't have to be an object, they can simply be a belief...
"You are reasonable people. Decide for yourselves if what I say is true. When we bless the cup at the Lord's Table, aren't we sharing in the blood of Christ? And when we break bread, aren't we sharing in the body of Christ? And though we are many, we all eat from one loaf of bread, showing that we are one body. Think about the people of Israel. Weren't they united by eating the sacrifices at the altar? What am I trying to say? Am I saying that food offered to idols has some significance, or that idols are real gods? No, not at all. I am saying that these sacrifices are offered to demons, not to God. And I don't want you to participate with demons. You cannot drink from the cup of the Lord and from the cup of demons, too. You cannot eat at the Lord's Table and at the table of demons, too. What? Do you dare to rouse the Lord's jealousy? Do you think we are stronger than he is? You say, "I am allowed to do anything" -but not everything is good for you. You say, "I am allowed to do anything" -but not everything is beneficial. Don't be concerned for your own good but for the good of others."
(1 Corinthians 10:15-24) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment