Wednesday, October 19, 2016

"Usual Suspects"

"The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes; Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre; Assur also is joined with them: they have helped the children of Lot. Selah." (Psalms 83:6-8) Not that it mattered, but Jesus came to be die for the whole world, so their plot to put Him to death was nothing more than God's will; so there! It puts things in a little better perspective when you see them from God's point of view; besides, all the power that this world has to move against His people, count as nothing in comparison to the power of God. The weakness of God is stronger than the power of all mankind combined! Here is a pretty exclusive list of 'usual suspects' that are more than likely willing to conspire against the children of God. Their usual issue that they have in common is that of jealousy or envy; but put to the test, it's just pure wickedness that motivates them deep down, just pure evil thoughts against God. You could narrow it down to something simple, like not being told what to do; something it seems we all have to common, by the time we are two! I try to figure people out some times, but I just can't; no one can; just when you think you have someone figured out, they have a whole new motivation for doing what they do. That is why God has said in His word, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9) We honestly don't need to try and figure people out, because it comes down to who's children we are; if we are God's children, then we are governed by God; if we are not, well let's just say that we are not...
"Jesus told them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, because I have come to you from God. I am not here on my own, but he sent me. Why can't you understand what I am saying? It's because you can't even hear me! For you are the children of the devil, and you love to do the evil this he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies. So when I tell the truth, you just naturally don't believe me! Which of you can truthfully accuse me of sin? And since I am telling you the truth, why don't you believe me? Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God. But you don't listen because you don't belong to God."" (John 8:42-47) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment