Friday, October 14, 2016

"Making All Things Good" -2

"Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God." (Psalms 83:1) I forgot something very important about this one little thing called faith, we believe that God is good! Unlike those I this world that might think He is mean or judgmental, if they even think He exist at all; we know without a doubt that He is good and loving; He is our good Father, who never let's us down! I can't help crying when I think of this, because I was not such a good father to my son. There were times when I judged him instead of loving him, and times when I pushed him away instead of holding him close. I guess it's because I never really had a father growing up, so I didn't know how to act. That's not really a good excuse, because I have the greatest example we can have, written by the Maker of all that exist. Still, He knows! That's what blows my mind, God knows every terrible thing about me, yet He loves me all the same! Do you see how that is even possible? Do you understand how amazing God is, and how powerfully His love dissolves all that's bad and unfit for His Kingdom? We are not even capable of obeying the first commandment, to love God with all of our heart, mind, soul and strength; let along are we able to obey the second, to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. But God forgives me of this shameful lack of love in my life, because He sent His Son to stand in my place, making up for the good that was lacking in my heart. Now when God sees me, He sees the love of His Son in me! Jesus not only took my place for being judged for sin, but He takes my place in the judgment of lacking all things good. Do you know why He does this? Because He alone is Good...
"What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won't he also give us everything else? Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one -for God himself has given us right standing with himself. Who the can condemn us? No one -for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God's right hand, pleading for us." (Romans 8:31-34) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment