Sunday, October 2, 2016

"Above All Else"

"God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods." (Psalms 82:1) Don't you know how much God cares for us? I know we sometimes have our vision distorted by our trials, and that we sometimes question our standing with God when things are falling apart in our lives; but God is always right there, through anything we might be going through, to reach out His hand. He wants us to want Him! More than anything else, God wants us to realize that we need Him, and that without Him, we are not going to make it. That's the truth! I don't care who you are, or how powerful you might think that you are, if you are not holding onto God for your security, you're without hope. More specific, if you are not holding onto Jesus Christ, then it's not going to go well with you on judgment day. On 'To Every Man an Answer' the other day, a lady called in asking, "If someone were to die while saving another life, would they make it to heaven?" Tough question, because there are way too many people who should know the right answer, but because it's not 'politically correct' they will not say it. The right answer is, One Way, and One Way Only! Jesus was very specific about how anyone comes to the Father, saying, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." If any man could save himself, then Jesus would not have needed to come and sacrifice His life upon that cross. It is the only way into heaven, to believe that Jesus died for your sins, and to receive that truth into your life; without that saving grace, you die in your sins, no matter how it is that you die. That's not what the world wants to hear; and many will say that it's narrow minded, or that it shows no compassion; but the truth is the truth. Besides that, we just need to know that His word is always true, and we stick to that, like a fly on flypaper...
"Jesus shouted to the crowds, "If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark. I will not judge those who hear me but don't obey me, for I have come to save the world and not to judge it. But all who reject me and my message will be judged on the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken. I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say.""
(John 12:44-50) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment