Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"Needing God's Help"

"Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be Thou my helper." (Psalms 30:10) You have no doubt heard the phrase, You can't chew gum and walk at the same time; and if you have, then you might have proved that statement to be incorrect; however, walking large and small at the same time is another matter all together. As a matter of fact, I was thinking about this yesterday on my long drive home from an Inspection, and I came up with a perfect example of how difficult it actually is; besides being pulled into a very stupid situation that caused me to lose my temper, I actually envisioned the right hand and the left hand apposing one another. Okay; try this, and see what I mean: lift both of your arms in front of your face, and place your right palm over your left hand, leaving about three or four inches of space between them; now spin your right hand away from you, while at the same time, spin your left hand towards you. E-gads! I give up! Walking in the Spirit, means that we rely upon God, not upon ourselves! Every time I step out and think that I am super human because I have been given power from On-High, I find myself throwing mud upon my own face; mostly just to try and hide my expression, but the mud is also the result of my actions and anger. Maybe I need anger management, or some kind of a drug to keep me from blowing a gasket when stupid stuff happens around me; or maybe, just maybe, I need to settle down a little, take a chill-pill, and pray for help! But you know what; the not so funny thing is, in the heat of the moment, I don't want to pray for help; even if you ask me to pray for help, I will bite your head off, and act as if your trying to say that I have no right to be angry. After all; what's the big deal with having a little anger now and then? Well, it can be a really big deal; and it can really cost you, if you are not careful; just ask Moses, he will be the first to tell you that anger is not something you want to display among the children of God! Forget the right hand not knowing what the left had is doing; it's more like, the right hand and the left hand have no control over what the other hand will do! Or maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with character, and the ability to walk and chew gum at the same time, without biting your tongue off... "If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain." (James 1:26)

No comments:

Post a Comment