Friday, May 24, 2013

"Preparativeness"

"Bow down Thine ear to me; deliver me speedily; be Thou my strong rock, for a house of defense to save me." (Psalms 31:2) Before I get to far into this, I need to express what I feel God is speaking into my heart about this Psalm, and why I called it a roller coaster ride; because life just does not always go the way you plan it, or think things should be, and you need something that has stability in order to hold it together! Part of the idea involved with putting all of your trust in God, is that you do not know what will happen next; and you might plan for things to take place in your life, but you do so with reservations as to what God might have in mind, with a wait and see attitude, and not setting everything in stone. Goals are nice things to get you motivated and involved in the process of achievement, but they can also get in the way of what God wants to do in our lives, because goals have a certain pattern of planning ahead; something that should be foreign to the normal Christian way of living, and that goes against trusting in God to guide and direct our life. Don't get me wrong, I love to set goals, and continue to plan things which are based upon things that I want to achieve in my life; but I have learned not to put so much stock into my plans, because doing so only leads to great disappointment. Having said that, I also believe that God wants us to be the very best that we can be in any thing which we endeavor to achieve; whether that be parenting, a businessman, or anything else that we feel called into; including things that we find ourselves doing that were not even planned for, we should always try and do our very best at whatever it is that we do; always doing everything as unto to the Lord, and with an attitude of working for Jesus. I remember as a your child, I loved a certain cartoon that always came on about noon time; although I can't remember what it was called, but it involved a tortoise who always wanted to try something new, and a lizard of a wizard who was always happy to oblige him in doing so. It never failed, that no sooner had to tortoise transformed into his new line of work, that he would find himself at odds with his new profession, and would end up crying out, "Help Mister Wizard!" And I can't remember exactly how it went, but the wizard would wave his wand and say something like, "Tizzel, Tazzal, Tizzel. Tome; Time For This One To Come Home". Not that that has anything to do with anything... "Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." (James 4:13-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment