Friday, May 10, 2013

"Living Large"

"And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved." (Psalms 30:6) I cannot imagine what my life would be like if I had actually lived this faithfully over the last thirty plus years, because I will tell you with all honesty, that I have fallen short more than once. Oh, I as David, may have said that it would never happen, but saying it and living it out are two entirely different things! However; thanksgiving is to be a constant way that we live, which means that it must be a part of every area of our life, including those times when we seem to not have a care in the world! That is what this word "prosperity" means; it is the word 'shelev', and it is only occurs one time in the Hebrew writings, and it is in the verse we are looking at today. It actually means to be at ease; to have total tranquility and security in your life, not having a care in the world. Now I know that it is something that we should strive for, to be fearful of nothing that man can do to us, and to be totally at peace in whatever comes our way, but this is something all together different, and is more about having security in your present surroundings and standings; much as would be the case if you have more than enough to live on, and there was no threat of anyone tampering with your lifestyle or your home; home meaning more than just a house that you live in, but all that you have established for yourself and your family. And, therein lies the key to my problem! I; me; el' stupido! What have I ever established!!! "Look at all that I have made for myself" is not something that you what written on your tombstone! And it surely is not something that you want written on your heart! I break things! I ruin more things than I could ever make perfect; and I can't think of a single thing I have ever established, except for something I flushed down the toilet. But as sure as the sun will come out tomorrow, even though we say we shall never be moved, and we say it with all honesty and sincerity, just let prosperity dig in to your manner of living, and see if you never move; because your odds are not very good, considering neither David, and especially his son Solomon, could not stay footed upon that promise. Don't get me wrong, they did a pretty good job of making God the primary reason for being where they where and having all that they had; but there were times when the "I" took over, and starting looking for gratitude in all that they had been given. Do not think that what I am talking about is not a big deal, because it is; as a matter of fact, it brings down very large men of God all the time!!! It's kind of like seeking for clarity in all your livelihood and in the decisions you make for your home; when it is more than likely that clarity is what the Lord wants you to let go of, because He wants you to walk by faith and by trusting in Him, not in those things that you think that you have  under control... "Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted: but the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away. For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways." (James 1:9-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment