Thursday, May 16, 2013

"Needing God's Help" -2

"Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be Thou my Helper." (Psalms 30:10) Prayer is more than just words spoken out to a God of mercy, prayer is our expression of need to a God of endless power and grace. Yesterday's post may have seemed a little strong on the subject of anger, but anger is really not something that is easily managed, primarily because it arises from nowhere, and then you just find yourself letting go; and once you start letting go, it's hard to find the switch to turn it off! I prayed for the sister that I felt I had offended on Tuesday, and prayed that God would forgive me, and that He would allow her to forgive me also; and when I called her to apologize, she acted as if I had really done nothing wrong and that everything was just a big mistake; but I continued to ask for her forgiveness, until she said those words, I forgive you! And then, when it came time for our conversation to end, I ended our conversation with, Thank you for forgiving me. I knew in my heart that I had done wrong, and I knew that I needed her forgiveness, even though she may not have felt what I felt. Personally, I cannot understand why she did not feel offended, except that maybe she has so much forgiveness inside, that she instantly forgives and is never offended in the first place; but isn't that the way it is to be? Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 13 about love, and he puts love in the position of character, meaning that love has a face!!! One of the characters of love, is that it is not easily provoked; which means, that a person is not easily offended. Man, oh man, do I need help!!! If you know the story behind James, then you should know why he might have spent so much time on his knees; most likely for all the times he had called his brother crazy; that was until He rose from the dead! We do not see the full picture in hardly anything that we look upon, especially when it come to human interaction; in that regard, we assume far more than we actually know, and most of time, we are totally wrong; just as James was totally wrong about Jesus, and calling Him his crazy brother for all of those years growing up. James expresses from personal knowledge those actions of our tongue, and how the tongue is so unruly and can not be easily controlled; as a matter of fact, without God's help, it's like a fire that is out of control... "Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: but the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." (James 3:5-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment