Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"The Glory Road" -2

Okay, I am going to set the record straight: once we believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and our Saviour we are on the road to eternity, because we now have eternity dwelling within us. This is not our doing, but that which is done by God; and because it is done by God, only God can undo what He has done; which, by the way, brings me back to a declaration which I made last year: God does not go back on His promise!!! Which is why He hates divorce, because divorce is the ultimate breaking of a promise between a man and a woman; and it abandons the meaning of Love; something which God will never do. In John 3:16, Jesus says, "whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life". The thought that is needed to believe in Jesus as your Saviour must incorporate being saved; saved from what? Well, in the next verses, Jesus also says that man is condemned; it is this condemnation that we are being saved from; which, once saved from it, places us on the road to eternity. And once we are placed upon that road to eternity, there really is no turning back!!! There, I said it! I know many there are that will not agree with me, but such is life; however, the point I just made is that once we truly believe that Jesus Christ has saved us from condemnation, then our fate is no longer in our hands, but in His! So, my next question... Believeth Thou This??? "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left." (Isaiah 30:21) (I didn't know I was drifting off the road; but my Mercedes did!)

No comments:

Post a Comment