Monday, February 21, 2011

"Giving Up To God"

The key to a heart of surrender is to give up to God; for my life to be God's way and not my way. My way is based on the physical surroundings of my world, and how I might change them. God's way is based of the spiritual and how His Spirit might change me, no matter what my physical surroundings are, or might become. Why is this so? Because in the spiritual world the physical really does not matter all that much! Having thought about that for a little while, I can only wonder how many times I have made a choice by what I see instead of by faith. I know that my first intuition in most matters is to go for the way that looks most pleasing to the eyes, or to step in the direction which looks least intimidating. But with God, that is not always the best path to take, and more times than not, will take me down a path where my flesh gets feed more than my spirit. Now, the reason I feel that this subject is even worth talking about, is that I have been torn lately between several different directions, in almost every area of my life. I think this is a good thing, at least I hope it is; I am defiantly seeking the Lord more for the way He is leading me; which at times is hard to determine. And it is for that reason that I know I must take care to listen to the voice of God and not the voice inside my head! How do I know when the voice I hear is the voice of God? That is not a rhetorical question; but is one that must be answered. You would think that after almost thirty years of walking with the Lord, that I would be able to discern His voice; but I can say with a very honest heart that I have trouble sometimes listening. So my next question that I need to ask, is that if there is a difference between hearing and listening? Well, the first 'know' which Jesus uses as He tells Peter, "What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter", is a word that describes an ability to see, or to perceive and understand: As I have listened to my own question, I have perceived that I really do not understand; therefore, I knowest not the answer! This 'know' is also the very same know in the following statement, which Jesus made to the five foolish virgins: "Verily I say to you, I know you not (you are not related to me)." (Matthew 25:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment