Friday, March 19, 2021

"The Fulfilling!"

 "And of his fulness have we all received, and grace for grace." (John 1:16 KJV)

  "Then I asked the angel, "What are these, my lord? What do they mean?" "Don't you know?" the angel asked. "No, my lord," I replied. Then he said to me, "This is what the LORD says to Zerubbabel: It is not by force nor by strength, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in Zerubbabel's way; it will become a level plain before him! And when Zerubbabel sets the final stone of the Temple in place, the people will shout: 'May God bless it! May God bless it!' "" (Zechariah 4:4-7 NLT)

  Sometimes I get a little discouraged, thinking this is all just a waste of time; but then I get a little nudge from the Holy Spirit, who simply reminds me that this is nothing about pleasing man, it is all about what God wants to do that matters! Don't you get that from this also? Isn't that the meaning of it all! There are only a few things in this life that really matter, I mean, that really really matter: Pleasing God is the one thing that matters the most of all! 

  I was reminded of this yesterday, as I heard at least two messages about a confirmation to the message I was given yesterday morning. The first of which was the answer Jesus gave to the people after He spoke about not laboring for meat that perishes, but meat that endures unto everlasting life: to which they asked Him, "What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?" Jesus replied: "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6:26-29) 

  The second message was spoken by a an ex-special forces man, as he illustrated what it was like to honor a fellow fallen soldier, saying, "To live your life like his death mattered." Then he bumped it up to his spiritual life, referring to how we should honor the Lord: "By living our lives like His death mattered!" 

  So you can see how that whole barrowed thing comes into play...

""To what can I compare this generation? It is like children playing a game in the public square. They complain to their friends, 'We played wedding songs, and you didn't dance, so we played funeral songs, and you didn't mourn.' For John didn't spend his time eating and drinking, and you say, 'He's possessed by a demon.' The Son of Man, on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, 'He's a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!' But wisdom is shown to be right by its results."" (Matthew 11:16-19 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment