Friday, March 12, 2021

"And Tabernacled Among Us"

 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1:14 KJV)

  "Oh, that my words could be recorded. Oh, that they could be inscribed on a monument, carved with an iron chisel and filled with lead, engraved forever in the rock. "But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!" (Job 19:23-27 NLT)

  "To be or not to be," that is the question! Did He become like one of us? And if He surely did, for what purpose? Yesterday, I was listening to Pastor Richard, as he spoke about himself as being such a jerk. It could have been his last message, as he was proclaiming his disqualifications as being their Pastor, saying things like, "I think I know what is going on inside of you, but I don't have a clue; yet I pretend that I have you all figured out!" 

  If you have any knowledge of the Tabernacle that Moses was instructed to build, then you might have realized that it was not a structure that was made to stay in one place: it was made to be moved, as the children of Israel moved, so it was too. Rolled up, packed up, and carried about; the Tabernacle was moved about and taken wherever they went; east, west, north, or south; though the valleys, over the hills; through and around the mountains. 

  It could be said as this: "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth." If you might need to be better informed, the simplest way to see the real meaning, is to separate the part that specifies His glory; as if the Word being made flesh might cheapen it! Truth be told, nobody that lives and suffers though this life, trying to be holy, hoping to be accepted by God, can ever, never ever claim, that God does not know what they are going through! He lived as one of us! 

 If you really wanted to get right down to it: His life was not all that great! He was born a bastard, treated poorly and hardly received any respect. His adult life was not lived in a house that could be called His own; He seriously lived like a vagabond, with no place to call home, except that place from which He came! You name it, if there is something you might ask God to help you with, He has all of the experience and knowledge. He was even buried in a barrowed tomb! 

  Oh, I know what you might be thinking: What about sin? He does not feel what I feel when it comes to sin, does He? Well, let's see what it might feel like to take on everyone's sin, all at once! Could you possibly imagine it? What a heavy burden to bare; who could possible carry such a heavy burden, without falling apart? Can God make a rock so big, that even He could not move it? Not hardly! 

  If you are looking for some proof as to whether Jesus is God, then stick around for a little bit, and witness the proof...

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won't become weary and give up. After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin." (Hebrews 12:1-4 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment