Tuesday, March 16, 2021

"The Affirmation"

 "John testified about him when he shouted to the crowds, "This is the one I was talking about when I said, 'Someone is coming after me who is far greater than I am, for he existed long before me.'" (John 1:15 NLT)

  "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel: whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." (Micah 5:2 KJV)

  Having been bewitched by this world, is probably the reason I am so passionate about this understanding of who Jesus Christ was when He shed His blood upon that cross. After you experience the shock of knowing the truth, it is pretty hard to reconsider what was before, because you have witnessed the proof that is shown throughout the Scriptures. These are things that are discovered and brought to life; which is the complete reason for us all to search the Scriptures on our own, it becomes personal! 

  This is the interesting concept that John the Baptist is trying to put out there for others to notice; which is the whole reason the John, the writer of this Gospel, brings it out into the open for all to see. Jesus, the Man, was born into this world after John the Baptist; yet, Jesus as God, existed long before John the Baptist ever was thought of or conceived. Make of that what you will, but in my book, that is a pretty good size nugget to show what John the Baptist knew about who Jesus actually was, and always has been.

  This is really not something you can be taught or learn about, but it must be shown and bought to life within your heart. The whole point of having a personal relationship, is not that you learn about who Jesus is, but that you experience who is, because He is alive within you! As you open up the Scriptures, you are experiencing the affirmation of what is known in your heart; it is not learned, but affirmed and recognized as the Truth! 

  The entire result of being born again, is that you are now living in the Spirit; the Holy Spirit has been introduced into you life, which is just like John the Baptist, shouting out affirmations about who Jesus is and why it really matters, WHO HE IS!  This also creates a check, commonly referred to as, A check in our spirit; which is a little prick in our hearts when that Truth we know so convincingly, is talked wrong about. If it does not line up, it should not be accepted as something you affirm as the Truth! 

  We can all make mistakes, so this shouldn't be something that causes divisions or casting stones; but it is something that needs to be your own responsibility to know! You will have no excuse for not knowing the Truth; if the Truth lives within you, then you are held responsible for what comes out! Be that as it may, maybe we need to dig down below the surface and see where this goes...

"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: that I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures. The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old." (Proverbs 8:17-22 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment