Wednesday, February 3, 2021

"Young Woman"

"I was a virgin, like a wall; now my breasts are like towers. When my lover looks at me, he is delighted with what he sees. Solomon has a vineyard at Baal-hamon, which he leases out to tenant farmers. Each of them pays a thousand pieces of silver for harvesting its fruit. But my vineyard is mine to give, and Solomon need not pay a thousand pieces of silver. But I will give two hundred pieces to those who care for its vines." (S.O.S. 8:10-12 NLT)

  ""Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink -even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk -it's all free! Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food. "Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David. See how I used him to display my power among the peoples. I made him a leader among the nations. You also will command nations you do not know, and peoples unknown to you will come running to obey, because I, the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, have made you glorious."" (Isaiah 55:1-5 NLT)

  It is a very strange feeling to have such an abrupt ending, to what is seemingly a very complex and delightful journey. But, as the story somehow carries onward, this is no doubt the most interesting piece of work that might have ever been written! If that is, you like to be mesmerized and overwhelmed by the creative character of God! 

  Yes, you heard me right! This is no doubt God's handiwork that has been written, not with ink and paper, but with blood and the parchment of peoples lives; none greater or more profound than the life of Christ Jesus; coming as an innocent child, helpless among those He created; then giving His life, for those, helpless to be saved on their own!   

  In the words of Peter: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." (1 Peter 1:3-5) 

  Do you believe it? If you do, then you must trust He will complete that work He has started in you! He is never done working in our lives, because we are His children and He loves us so very much! Whoever it was that wrote the Book of Hebrews, they put an enormous amount of effort in telling us how much God wants to have us come to Him with open arms; as a child might run freely and cheerfully up to their loving father; so too, this is the love our Heavenly Father sees and wants in us. 

  We might not be able to imagine that, mostly because of all of our failures and selfish thoughts; but it is not only His vision for what is to come, it is the reality He wants us to know right now! As to that, the point I made earlier about falling away by accident, some of you might be wondering how that is even possible, thinking, How can anyone ever accidently fall away from grace? How is it possible for anyone to accidently drive their care into a brick wall? 

  Life happens, and sometimes you are not paying attention to the direction you are headed into; but, if you are His, whatever it takes, you will make it to the other side! I love that He says, "Trust me with it," because I have no clue what I am doing...

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: that ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us, to the glory of God." (Romans 15:4-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment